🔮 B2B buyer trends & 🐣 early stage sales tips
Hey 👋 – can you believe we’re already nearing the last week of Jan?! 🤯
It’s been a jam-packed first few weeks of 2022, and we have a ton of insightful startup & sales tips & resources that I’m excited to share your way!
In today’s edition, you’ll find:
- Advice for building a winning, repeatable sales process at your startup (even if you’re starting from scratch)
- Upcoming Masterclass invite on effectively selling to modern B2B buyers in 2022 (with sales leaders from Navattic, G2, and Bravado)
- Tips for getting help & taking care of yourself as you work on your personal & professional goals this year
📣 Masterclass: Selling to Modern B2B Buyers in 2022
2022 is a new year, and it’s clear that buyers are demanding MORE.
If you want to hit big revenue targets, your team is going to have to adjust… bringing more transparency, engagement, and collaboration to your sales process.
Some of the trends we’re seeing:
- Sales cycles are getting shorter
- Buyers don’t want to talk to sales for most of the buying process
- Buyers are reaching out for help to finish the final mile of a deal
To close more deals in 2022, you need to help your buyers buy.
In this masterclass, we’ll cover:
🌱 How buyer expectations have changed
🧐 Identifying friction for buyers in your current processes
🤝 Practical ideas for how to build collaborative, transparent sales processes
When: Tuesday, February 1 at 1pm ET / 10am PT
Meet the experts:
- Sahil Mansuri (CEO @ Bravado) – Runs a global community of 170,000 B2B Sales professionals
- Michael Harness (VP of Sales, America @ G2) – Serial sales leader from G2, Glassdoor, Indeed, and more
- Ben Pearson (Head of Sales & GTM @ Navattic) – Helped build & scale sales teams at Square and Front
🙋 ICYMI: How to Build a Repeatable Sales Process for Early Stage Startups
The key to any successful company: consistently winning and onboarding happy customers.
But that’s easier said than done, right? So we called in 3 startup sales veterans to share their tips for building a repeatable sales process:
😀 Defining your ideal customer
📝 Documenting & refining your process
👯 Hiring & scaling your sales team
Thanks to everyone who attended the masterclass last week! If you missed it, watch the recording or read the key takeaways here.
🎙️ On the Podcast
W-T-F is PMF?? 🤷
This 3-letter acronym comes up so much in the startup world… but is one of the least understood topics out there. 😅
Luckily, we have experts like ZenHub CEO Tyler Gaffney to break down all things PMF (product market fit)... which he did on the latest episode of From Vendorship to Partnership!
📚 What We're Reading
As you dive into your personal & professional goals for 2022, it’s easy to get stressed out and overwhelmed. Make sure you’re taking care of yourself and asking for help when you need it!
Considering an Executive or Leadership Coach? Here’s What to Know (Elpha) - Executive & leadership coaches aren’t just for the C-suite. If you’re going through a career or life change, or have a big goal to meet, leadership coaches can be a great resource.
As we keep iterating, I’d love to hear your thoughts on this edition. Was it helpful? What else should we be focusing on as we help startups build a more repeatable, collaborative sales & onboarding process?
Ross Rich (CEO and Co-founder)
P.S. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, you can:
1. Tell a colleague about Accord
2. Simply forward this email to a friend with an invitation to subscribe