Skaled’s Partnership Plan
Skaled Consulting accelerates companies’ growth by bringing in Sales Leadership, Operations, Enablement, and LinkedIn experts who drive real and measurable business outcomes. Led by CEO & Founder Jake Dunlap, Skaled uses this playbook to facilitate its partnerships with growth stage, mid-market, and enterprise companies.
Why should I use this playbook?
This playbook helps teams set up successful partnerships by:
- Providing a structured, repeatable process to follow for every potential client
- Aligning on goals and desired outcomes to inform specific activities
- Facilitating a smooth handoff from sales → customer team
What’s in this playbook?
Jake’s playbook enables him and his team to guide and collaborate with customers throughout the discovery, evaluation, and onboarding process.
- Mutual Evaluation & Business Case – introduction and alignment on strategic goals & next steps
- Initial Outline and Finalizing Partnership Plan – collaborate on scope of work and partnership plan
- Partnership Formalization – final signatures and kickoff planning
- Implementation & Onboarding – handoff, implementation & success
Jake also includes a summary page with Skaled’s services and partnership details, including strategy, technology, and processes for sales operations and sales enablement.
Who is this playbook for?
Skaled is a B2B sales consultancy that primarily works with startups and mid-sized businesses looking to accelerate their growth, as well as enterprise clients such as LinkedIn and Microsoft.
This partnership plan can be useful to anyone selling in the B2B space, however: SaaS, Fintech, HR & recruiting software, etc. Sales teams who need a process for collaborating with potential clients, creating a business case, and setting the partnership up for success can use and adjust this playbook for their own process.
How should I use this playbook?
Jake’s advice for using this Partnership Plan (and playbooks in general):
- Start talking about implementation & onboarding early
During the early stages of the evaluation process, Skaled talks to prospects about their desired outcomes and confirms a go-live discussion.
- Don’t stop your sales process at go-live
Define the ideal impact that your customer wants to see from implementing your solution or services, and map out the steps for getting there after launch.
- Be customer-centric, not seller-centric
When creating your playbooks and collaborating with customers, flip your thinking to be customer-centric – from “When do you think we’ll get this signed by?” to “When do you think we’ll see the results you want?”
Skaled is a top-rated management and sales consulting provider offering sales process, strategy, operations, and LinkedIn strategy services. We bring strategic and tactical talent to every engagement, driven by results and 250,000+ hours of sales leadership experience.
With a vision to create the future of sales, we are on a mission to change the way that organizations sell and partner with customers and to create a lasting impact on our clients and people that is measurable and meaningful.